FUN
  More Fun
  Make My Wish
  Astro E-cards
  Love Calculator
  Crystal Ball
  Lotto Number
  Analyze Phone
  Today's Fortune
  What's in a Name
  Astro Opinion Poll
  Age Calculator
Hall of Fame
  iPhone App
FACTS
  Daily Panchang
  About Baby Names
  Chinese Astrology
  About Food Astrology
  About Fruit Astrology
  About Color Astrology
  About Numerology
  Dream Dictionary
  About Vaastu
  About Pyramids
  About Crystals
  About Colors
  About Yoga
  About Medidation
  About Healing
  About Hypnosis
  About Reiki


Diet and Nutrition Bookmark and Share



Fat
We are being lied to (perhaps explicably!) by doctors and dieticians concerning FAT. This is unfortunate because in this country we have an essential fatty acid deficiency which is epidemic in proportion. Because essential fatty acid (EFAs) deficiencies can result in virtually every disease afflicting a person, it is easy to hide the true root of a disease's problem... and doctors can continue to sell the hapless individual expensive, dangerous, and ineffective pharmaceuticals a person doesn’t want or shouldn't need!

Mono Unsaturated Fat (olive oil, macadamia nut oil) is called omega-9, which means the first double bond (resulting from the removal of two hydrogen atoms) is at the ninth carbon atom from the omega "end" of the fatty acid chain (FA). This single "double bond" (DB) configuration is very stable, which means mono oils don't go rancid or turn toxic (turn into lipid peroxide) very easily. Consequently, I consider monounsaturated fat the only healthful food oil. Well except for Coconut Oil covered further below.

Poly Unsaturated Fat is called either omega-6 (corn, soy, cottonseed, etc) or Omega-3 (flax seed oil, Krill or fish oil) because at the sixth or the third carbon atom is the first double bond. However, unlike the stable mono oils, the poly configuration, with two DBs (omega-6) and three DBs (Omega-3), creates instability due to unpaired electrons. These more reactive oils go rancid and turn toxic easily.

Saturated fats -- There are ten (nine natural, one man-made {ALERT!}) types of saturated fats (SATFATS) that are unfortunately all lumped together as being unhealthy, when in reality... ONLY MANMADE HYDROGENATED VEGETABLE OIL is, truly, bad 100% of the time.

Unsaturated Fats -- There are two major categories of UNSAT Fats. Monounsaturated and poly unsaturated. Dieticians will incorrectly tell that they are both healthy because both are liquid at room temperature. However, only mono is always good. Only some kinds of "poly" are good some of the time. Unsaturated Fats can also be divided into two other major categories. Food Oils (olive, corn, canola, safflower,etc)and medicinal oils (flax seed, primrose, borage, black currant, Fish/Krill). Food oils are never all one kind of oil. They are always a combination of mono and poly oils at different ratios with a little SATFAT thrown in. Some of these ratios are fairly dramatic, for example, olive oil is 76% mono and only 8% poly, where safflower oil is only 10% mono and 80% poly. Most of the other poly food oils are about 20% mono and 65% poly. Medicinal oils are also various combinations of the 3 FAs. (mono, poly & satfat)


Know About Diet and Nutrition
>>Fat >>Fibre >>Carbohydrate >>Cholesterol
>>Fat Calculation >>Food Allergies >>Food Safety >>Water
>>Macronutrients >>Non Nutritive >>Food Intolerance

img



 Explore SimplyAstro - Ask Personal Questions to our Gurus/Experts
Our Gurus / Experts Featured Sections Popular Free Services Zodiac Predictions
Astrology Expert
Numerology Expert
Vaastu Expert
Match Making Expert
PremPandit.com - For Singles/Married
Feng Shui Expert
Psychic Expert
Life Success Expert
Palmistry Expert
Spiritual Healer
Hand Writing Expert
Business/Career Expert
Tarot Expert
Gem Expert
Mantra Expert
Lal Kitab Expert
Astro Love Expert
Intuition Expert and Counselor
Egyptian Card Expert
Courses in Astrology / Vastu / Palmistry
Horoscope
Birth Charts
Match Making
Career
Fun / Facts
Vaastu
Yoga
Meditation
Reiki
Color Therapy
Pranic Healing
Hypnosis
Crystal
Pyramids
Numbers in your life
Panchang
Monthly Predictions
Weekly Predictions
Daily Predictions



About Us | Subscribe Predictions | Terms of Use | Privacy policy | Partner with us | Contact Us | Site Map

Vital Acts: CoolJodi.com  Indian Matrimonial   |    Simply Classify.com  Your Classifieds   |  Follow us on Twitter   Bookmark and Share


All trademarks, logos and names are properties of their respective owners and SimplyAstro Web Services.
All Rights Reserved.© Copyright 2008 SimplyAstro.com .